Quick hits on a Thursday morning from sunny San Francisco:
- I have refrained from writing about American Idol in this space. I mean, it's not like that show doesn't get enough coverage and analysis each week. But, I have to say that Adam Lambert's rendition of Smokey Robinson's "Tracks of My Tears" last night was unique and inspired and clearly distanced him from the other competitors.
- Samanta Who returns tonight to ABC. This shows is one of the better sitcoms on television and its good to see it back after a several week hiatus.
- Seen on the streets of San Francisco yesterday--a very strange looking man (I know--now THAT'S a headline in this town) leading a dog on a leash. Riding on the dog is a cat. Riding on the cat is a white mouse. Yep, mouse riding on cat riding on dog being led by leftover of the 1967 Flower Power era...very, very weird, yet very, very cute.
- Show of hands--who likes the new Facebook redesign? That's what I thought...
- The NCAA announced a new student courtside seating area beginning at this year's Final Four at Ford Field in Detroit. The organization is reserving 422 courtside seats for each of the four schools participating. Good move!
- Former Van Halen bandmates Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony are re-uniting as part of Chickenfoot. The new band will also feature veteran guitarist Joe Satriani along with drummer Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers.) The band's new album arrives June 7.