Friday, March 13, 2009

Quick Hits

- Quote of the day: “After being delayed on the Senate floor ensuring a vote on my anti-pay raise amendment, and in a rush to make my flight home for town-hall meetings the next day, I accidentally went through a wrong door at the gate. I did have a conversation with an airline employee, but it was certainly not like this silly gossip column made it out to be.” (Senator David Vitter reacting to reports about his behavior after arriving at Reagan National Airport, Washington, D.C., to catch a United Airlines flight after the gates had closed. Now, I don’t know about you, but I have yet to go through a “wrong door” at the airport.)
- Johnny Flynn, point guard for Syracuse, played 67 minutes in the Orange’s epic six-overtime game against Connecticut in the Big East Tournament in New York. Flynn scored 34 points and had 11 assists.
- I miss Vista Burger, Mass Street Deli, Joe’s Bakery, Don's Steakhouse, Hole-in-the-Wall, the original Hayward’s Barbecue, the original Stroud’s, Smak’s, Storm’s (and their homemade ice cream), and the margarita’s at Annie’s Santa Fe. I wish we had an In-N-Out Burger in Kansas City. And, I have yet to have a bad meal at Jalapeno’s.
- Big 12 Conference officials and the city of Oklahoma City have to be sick this morning—the two top draws, Kansas and Oklahoma, both lost yesterday leaving plenty of tickets to today’s games…and restaurant and bar space readily available in Bricktown.
- Is the wackiness that occurred in college hoops yesterday an indication of what will happen during the NCAA Tournament, which begins next week? Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Oklahoma, Clemson and Kansas all lost in their conference tourneys to lower-seeded teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment