Here are day two winners and losers.
- 10 seeds. Both Missouri and Georgia Tech won--MU with an eight point win over ACC foe Clemson and Tech with a win over Oklahoma State.
- Purdue. Everybody's pick as a first round upset victim looked good in dispatching Siena.
- KU fans. Yes, Kansas fans told anyone who would listen "watch out for Cornell" after the Ivy League team played the Jayhawks ultra-tough in Allen Fieldhouse. Cornell, likely under-seeded as a 12, beat Temple by 13.
- Jerome Randle. The Cal guard heaved a 40 foot shot, off of the dribble, at the end of the 1st half and found nothing but net.
- Oliver Purnell. The Clemson coach still hasn't won a first round NCAA tournament game.
- James Anderson. The Player-of-the-Year in the Big 12 struggled all night in the Oklahoma State loss to Georgia Tech, including at the end of the game when he tried to go one-on-three and was stripped of the ball on the last possession.
- Big East. Yes, I know, Pitt won as did Syracuse. But, the league with the most entrants is a disappointing 4-4 after round one.