- There is a rather provocative article in this morning's Wall Street Journal titled "Why Chinese mothers are better." It's an interesting read, particularly for anyone who is a parent.
- Speaking of The Wall Street Journal, I still am not used to getting a free-standing insert in my Saturday edition of the Journal--that just seems weird to me.
- I absolutely love that someone invested in digital billboards in Columbus, OH, calling attention to and congratulating TCU on their Rose Bowl win, signed "Little Sisters of the Poor." The reference, of course, is to Ohio State University president Gordon Gee's foot-in-mouth comments about TCU and Boise State not deserving BCS title consideration.
- If you can't get enough of this blog, you may want to check out my new entry, The View from Section 10. Exclusively devoted to all things sports, this new blog can be found at http://section10.blogspot.com/
- Be sure and check out Onion SportsDome, which begins on Comedy Central on Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. CT. The show, written and produced by those who bring you The Onion website, will take on the world of sports coverage and commentary. Later
in the month, on January 21 at 9:00 p.m. CT, the Onion News Network will launch.
- Sorry, Chiefs fan...Ravens 17, Chiefs 14.