Greetings from drizzly Kansas City, where roads are icy and Snow-mageddon is on the way.
- By now you've likely heard about the Mom who used hot sauce down the throat of her adopted child as punishment. The revelation appeared on Dr. Phil's "Mom Confessions" when the offending mother sent in a video of her exploits. She's now been charged with child abuse. Her lawyer has publicly defended her saying "if a Mom puts hot sauce on her child's Mexican food, is that abuse?" Wow...that's an interesting legal angle, huh?
- In Germany, a dentist bought low-cut dresses for her and her nurses so as to distract the patients. The dentist contends that the cleavage distracts the patients, thus making them less aware of the pain. (You just can't make this stuff up...)
- It's rather amazing that the unrest in Greece started through the force of social media. Young people, using Facebook and other viral methods, are the ones who rallied those in opposition of President Hosni Mubarak.
- There are now more millionaires in the world than there are those living in Australia.
- Now is the time of year when various cable networks air past movies which garnered Academy Awards. Included in the mix this week is Wings, which will air on TCM on Sunday, February 6. The movie stars Charles "Buddy" Rogers who was born in Olathe and attended the University of Kansas.