- Did you know that this is National Burger Month? Yeah...I didn't either.
- Happy Birthday to rocker Steve Winwood, turning 61 today.
- (If you're a fan of 24 and aren't caught up on the action, look away.) Let's hope that the series' season finale isn't ruined by the new storyline of Jack Bauer's daughter being kidnapped. We've seen Kim's involvement sidetrack the action before on 24.
- Poor taste award: To Wanda Sykes, the comic entertainment at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner this past weekend. Sykes, in her comic routine, suggested that conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker in the September 11 attacks, "but he was so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight." Using someone's current or past struggles with substance abuse as an attempt at humor is bad but to compound that with making light of 9/11 is downright awful.
- It's the 70th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz. After 70 years of being associated with this movie, can we give the state of Kansas a break and move on? Please, no more "we're not in Kansas anymore" references, OK? I mean, seriously...
By the way, Oz aired on U.S. television every year from 1959 to 1991. No wonder lines from the movie are burned into the public's consciousness.