A Harris Poll continues to validate that the social media space is being overtaken by we middle-aged folks. While young adults continue to dominate the space, more and more 40-and-50-somethings are playing on the social networks.
Here are the stats:
- 74% of 18-34 year olds have a Facebook or MySpace account
- 47% of 35-44 year olds have an account and 41% of 45-54 year olds have an account
- 29% of 18-34 year olds update their pages daily
- 17% of 35-44 year olds update their pages daily; 10% of 45-54 update daily
- 8% of 18-34 year olds Twitter
- 7% of 35-44 year olds Twitter
- 4% of 45-54 year olds Twitter
It makes you wonder what's next for middle-aged adults to "take over" from their children.