- As I perused the 59 free-standing inserts in this morning's Kansas City Star, I thought to myself "I wonder what's so magical about stores opening at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow--who set that as 'the time'?" That was until I came to the Kohl's insert and the blaring headline, "Open tomorrow at 3:00 a.m." Seriously? What the heck...
- The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, being broadcast on NBC, will have a guest-starring appearance from Kanye West. Yes, the same Kanye who did the Today Show meltdown on this same network with host Matt Lauer.
- Is there any meat dish which is analyzed more than turkey? I'd love to know the number of television programming hours dedicated to the best way to cook this bird.
- What's the most popular side dish to said turkey? Why, stuffing, of course, followed closely by cranberry sauce and some sort of potato--usually sweet potatoes and/or mashed potatoes.
- More food is purchased in the U.S. for Thanksgiving than any other day or time of the year. What's next? Super Bowl Sunday.
- Detroit and Dallas have hosted NFL football games on Thanksgiving Day for years. This year, those two teams are a combined 5-15.
- The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade started in 1924 in New York. But, the longest-running Thanksgiving parade in the U.S. is in Philadelphia--that traditional event started in 1920.