Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Idle musings and quick hits

- Is there a weirder use of celebrity talent than the current Sony Bravia commercials which feature Peyton Manning, Justin Timberlake and Jim Nantz doing the voice-over? Huh!?

- The Emmy Awards pulled their highest ratings number in three years. However, it seemed like a re-run of last year's program given the usual suspects winning--Mad Men, 30 Rock, et al.

- By the way, the NBC telecast of the New York Giants versus the Dallas Cowboys beat the Emmys and won the night in the ratings race.

- A guy actually said this to me today. On the fully-packed 767 United flight from O'Hare to San Francisco, I struggled to get my rollerbag in the overhead compartment. A guy across the aisle remarked, "it might fit if you took something out of that outer compartment." I just looked at him but my initial reaction was, "Really!? No kiddin'? And, what do I do with my underwear and toiletries which I take out of that compartment--just carry them under my arm?"

- This season's bizarre star on ABC's Dancing With the Stars is Macy Gray, who replaces Cloris Leachman as this lineup's most eccentric presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment