Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fantasy Football

The Fantasy Football league, of which I'm a member, will have its draft tonight at a local sports bar. The 10 of us will join up to 35 million others worldwide who participate in Fantasy Football.

Each year the number of participants rises dramatically. Some estimates cited 19 million players in 2007 meaning this year's number represents an 84% increase over the past two years. And, Fantasy Football isn't just a male domain--over 15% of the players are female.

I will attend tonight's draft with my copy of The Sporting News Fantasy Football annual, Sports Illustrated's fantasy issue, and print-outs from ESPN.com which ranks the top quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, kickers and team defenses.

What's my team name, you ask? It's "Myteamgoesto11."

Wish me luck--I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment