There's nothing like hitting the open road and seeing America, is there?
Uh, not so fast there, buster. Observations from a weekend road trip:
- Don't trust Mapquest. Repeat--don't trust Mapquest.
- "Drive friendly, the Texas way." Yeah, right...that 90-mile-an-hour on Highway 75, weaving in-and-out of traffic--very, very friendly.
- Did you know the parking meter was invented in Oklahoma? Yeah, I didn't either. But, it said it, right there on that sign on I-35. Must be so...
- Isn't a turnpike meant to be a highway where you pay money but can go fast and not stop frequently? That's not the experience on the George Bush Freeway in Dallas.
- I wish there was a Braum's close by...