For the non-sports fan, the following may not have huge interest for you so you can turn away now and I won't be offended.
Catching up in the world of sports, and entertainment too:
- Kobe Bryant's ex-maid wants to spill the beans about Bryant and his wife, Vanessa. We're not sure what those beans are but chances are they would be extra-juicy, which is why Bryant is exercising the confidentiality agreement in place between the couple and the former maid, Maria Jiminez.
- John Daly tried to quality for the U.S. Open but failed. It was Big John's first appearance in the U.S. since the PGA Tour suspended Daly for six months. According to a recent story in Golf World, Daly has been playing on the European Tour. He also signed another endorsement deal, this with a maker of shall we say "loud" golf pants and attire. John has never shied away from making his torso a walking billboard, invoking the NASCAR style of sponsorship marketing and brand placement.
- Kansas football fans will be brunching at their tailgate parties this fall. The Jayhawk schedule already has two morning games on the home slate--Duke at 11:00 a.m. on September 19 and Southern Mississippi at 11:30 a.m. on September 26.
- The question in the NBA Playoffs is not whether or not the Lakers will win the championship but whether Orlando will win a game in the best-of-seven series.
- Happy 70th birthday to college basketball's biggest ambassador, Dick Vitale. While watching Vitale do a college game has almost become unbearable, his love for the sport and passion for the college game is undeniable.