Friday, December 11, 2009

Wrapping up a busy week

- Why is it that people gravitate towards, and stay, in the kitchen at holiday parties? I mean, I'm just askin'...?

- In case you wanted to know, I would cast my vote for Ndamukong Suh of Nebraska as the winner of this year's Heisman Trophy for college football. None of the other players on the list has had the consistent excellence of Suh, game-to-game, this season. My pick as the likely winner is Colt McCoy of Texas.

- Barbara Walters had her "Most Fascinating People of 2009" show on earlier this week. Obviously, the show was produced before the current Tiger Woods fiasco as "el tigre" did not make the list.

- AOL, this week, listed out their best holiday movies of all time. A Christmas Story came in at #1. My pick would have to be Christmas Vacation.

- This is one of the most challenging times of year if you're an advertiser--breaking through in the clutter of holiday messaging is very, very difficult. But, I've always been a fan of how Lexus handles their "December to Remember" promotional period--consistent, quality, promo-focused advertising.

- And, speaking of advertising, BNet chimed in with their worst ads of 2009:

http://industry.bnet.com/advertising/10004975/bnets-10-worst-ads-of-2009/


No comments:

Post a Comment