- Here's hoping that the outrage displayed by American Idol judges is turned into assistance for Pia Toscano. If you missed it, Toscano, one of the more talented contestants in this year's quality group of singers, was voted out on Thursday, much to the surprise of judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. She didn't deserve to be eliminated this early and was clearly a favorite to win, or be one of the final three. My hope is that Jackson, Lopez or Tyler can help her in getting a recording deal--she has an incredible voice and a look and presence on stage which could develop into the whole package.
- Speaking of Toscano, she had 30,000 new followers on Twitter immediately following her elimination. Isn't it amazing how Twitter is now the new barometer of "what's hot?"
- I'm enjoying getting re-acquainted with R.E.M. If you haven't taken a listen, check out the new album, "Collapse Into Now."
- Let's give a birthday shout-out to Hugh Hefner, who turns 85 today. Hef has most recently been seen in the crowd at Dancing With the Stars, rooting on former girlfriend Kendra Wilkinson.
- Friday Night Lights starts on NBC this Friday, April 15. Yet, the DVD set for Season Five--the final season--came out earlier this week. (The season had previously aired on DirecTV.) It's not too late to become a fan of this quality drama.
- To my Kansas City peeps--you really need to check out Grinder's on 18th Steet downtown. It's worthy of a segment on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Oh wait! It was on triple-D...check out the place owned by Stretch, local artist and certifiably "interesting" dude: